Western medicine offers many options for bile reflux treatments that in fact don’t work. They may provide temporary relief in the short term, while actually making people sicker in the long run.
Western doctors WON’T tell you anything promising about bile reflux treatment because they simply DON’T know how to help you.
However, Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques (‘NAET’) holistic allergy treatment will help you stop suffering from this “incurable” disease.
I received the diagnosis – “incurable” bile reflux disease from my gastroenterologist after several painful and expensive tests two years ago. This was after struggling with chronic bile reflux several times a month over the past 20 years.
After having a child 5 years ago, I became sick almost every day with constant bile vomiting and gallbladder pain. I developed a hiatal hernia as a result of the constant vomiting, migraine headaches, bile reflux gastritis, stomach pains and intolerance for most foods, losing 25 pounds in the process. I was unable to function at all! -. I could not eat, sleep or think straight.
If I did not have my family by my side motivating me every day, I was truly ready to end my life.
Couple words on what actually Bile reflux is.
Most of us are familiar with, or suffer from, acid reflux. In order to determine what causes your pain, your doctor may perform a variety of tests – including endoscopy and a special test that checks what types of digestive juices are coming into your esophagus. If the substance is acidic, then a stomach acid is involved. If the substance is alkaline, then it is bile causing the trouble.
- Acid reflux symptoms are indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, pain swallowing and esophagus inflammation caused by stomach acids going through the lower esophageal sphincter into the esophagus.
- Bile reflux symptoms are heartburn, gastritis, hoarseness, chronic cough, pain swallowing, esophagus inflammation caused by bile from the gallbladder making its way through the pyloric valve from the small intestine continuing its way through the lower esophageal sphincter into the esophagus.
Sometimes, acid and bile reflux happen at the same time because of weakling of the esophageal sphincter, dysfunction of the pylorus valve and the complete imbalance of the digestive system.
This is the short summery of the existing well known bile reflux treatments learned from my own experience and months of research:
Western Medical System:
- In the case of acid and bile reflux case together Western doctors usually prescribed antacids (Maalox Alka Seltzer, Pepcid, Zantac, Nexium, Prolosec and ext);
- In the case of only bile reflux, Western doctors usually prescribe biding suspension – cholestyramine – since antacids affect only stomach acid production and antacids provide no relief.
- Roux-en-Y – diversion surgery diverts the bile so that it enters further down the intestine;
- Anti-Reflux Surgery for Bile Reflux – surgery is used, called fundoplication, where the surgeon wraps part of the stomach around the esophagus. This helps keep acid and bile from coming into the esophagus.
- Herbal remedies: chamomile, licorice, and marshmallow, melissa officinalis triphala, strawberries.
- Special diet: for both acid reflux and bile reflux you should avoid taking caffeine, chocolate, spicy foods, citrus carbonated drinks, mint, and vinegar.
- Life style changes:
- Do not lie down shortly after a meal;
- Eat small meals several times a day rather than large meals;
- Last meal should be eaten at least three hours before bed time;
- Practice meditation and yoga.
I was initially diagnosed as suffering from acid reflux, not bile reflux. I was prescribed to take well-known antacids, which typically happens with bile reflux diagnoses.
I was advised by Western Doctors to take the binding bile medication, to do anti bile reflux fundoplication surgery and gallbladder removal surgery as I was complaining about pain in the area of the gallbladder.
I tried most well known Western medications and herbal remedies, special diets and life style changes usually recommend by Naturopaths Doctors. I did not consider the surgery option since I know how invasive and tough it is on the body.
Nothing worked well for me. I had temporary relief then became sick again.
- Some herb supplements might make you feel a bit better for a time, if you are lucky and not allergic to them.
- Only one remedy – Bentonite Clay – really helped me. I still use it even today when I eat the wrong foods due to lack of discipline, especially when eating out. Bentonite Clay helps to bide the bile from my stomach. I feel relief immediately – especially from nausea. However, you must drink lots of water in order to avoid constipation.
- Changing your diet and life style might be helpful if you are a big fan of fast foods, alcohol and smoking and/or have extra weight and avoid exercise.
Avoiding certain foods might help you to reduce a number of the bile reflux symptoms. It happens ONLY because you AVOID the foods you are HIGHLY ALLERGIC TO.
Most people suffering from bile reflux do not understand that the underlying cause of this problem is multiple allergies to different foods, minerals, vitamins, etc.
Allergen causes the pyloric valve to stop closing properly resulting in bile washing back into the stomach. According to Wikipedia the pyloric valve, is a strong ring of smooth muscle at the end of the pyloric canal which lets food pass from the stomach to the duodenum. The pyloric valve usually opens only slightly, not allowing digestive juices to flow into the stomach.
During the past 20 years, along with migraine headaches and intolerance to different foods, bile reflux was the biggest health issue for me. Nobody could figurate out what caused my pyloric valve to stop function properly till I met my NAET doctor. Together, we started eliminating my allergies to various minerals, vitamins and foods – one by one. Very soon I started seeing positive results.
The number of bile reflux episodes began to decline significantly!
Since I have experienced bile reflux for such a long period, my digestive system is quite sensitive to all new foods. To avoid this problem, I use self-treatment and self-testing techniques, which I will write about in another post.
Self-treatment and self-testing techniques help me to maintain the healthy digestive system and to eliminate any bile reflux episodes.
Following are 5 steps you need to know how to become allergy free and stop suffering from the bile reflux .
In the post “ How to Become Allergy Free – 5 Steps You Need to Know” you can read about these important 5 steps.
In some cases, people have invasive bypass surgery, removal pylorus valve surgery, and/or gallbladder removal that leads to the digestive tract stop function normally. The physical damage of the pylorus valve causes the bile reflux.
However, even in these complicated cases, it is possible to make tremendous improvement through the NAET treatments.
In my new post “Why Do People Have Allergies – MYSTERY Revealed” I will explain why people have allergy and why they develop serious health problems.
NAET saved my life!
I practice it every day to prevent developing new allergies and avoid serious health issues such as bile reflux.
With the right knowledge and approach you can become healthy again! I know it from my own experiences.
If you have any questions, please leave them below. I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can.
To your good health,