Two Important Steps to Preventing Allergic Reaction to an Insect Bite!

0622141347aMany people react negatively to insect bites.  Most have only a minor allergic reaction, such as itching and swelling of the area around the bite. Others, like my 5 year old daughter, have a much stronger allergic reaction to an insect bite, developing huge red bumps, accompanied by terrible itching and swelling.  My daughter even refused to eat and could not sleep well for several days after receiving such bites.  Once, she had up to ten bleeding bites on her head that would not heel for a week. Some people even experience swelling of the entire body or go into anaphylactic shock.

An allergic reaction can result from any insect bite; including those from mosquitoes, bees, wasps, spiders, flees, nets, ticks, etc.

Well known, and obvious, steps to avoiding allergic reaction to insects’ bites include:

Continue Reading